Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, California
Phone: 805-963-4364 --
TTY: (805) 963-2240
Statement of Purpose:
American, Asian and 19th century French art; photography, classical antiquities, international modern art, prints and drawings.
Highlights & Collections:
Monet and 16,500 other great reasons to visit!
DISCOVER the wealth of treasures in our permanent collections - American and Asian art, French Impressionism, antiques, 20th-century art, prints, drawings, sculpture, and photographs.
DELIGHT in special exhibitions drawn from museums and private collections worldwide: over 12 shows annually range from the splendors of Asian textiles and the dazzle of contemporary glass to the grandeur of European masters and the versatility of
EXPLORE art in new and familiar ways - through docent-led tours, films, gallery talks, and slide lectures by experts, or through art events such as Gallery Sundays and Family Days.
BROWSE in the Museum Store where you'll find a selection of beautiful and unusual gift items to fit every budget, plus hundreds of art books, calendars, and cards.
CREATE at our Ridley-Tree Education Center. Gifted teachers present classes, summer holiday camps, and workshops in this handsome center designed specifically for art education. Included is a gallery for
special exhibitions. Open weekdays and for occasional weekend programs.
Exhibits & Special Events:
- Docent-led tours: Tuesday through Sunday at 1 p.m. Meet at the State Street entrance.
- Exhibition tours: various topics, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 12 noon. State Street entrance.
- Bilingual tours: Spanish/English, one Saturday per month at 1 p.m. State Street Entrance. Call ext 334 for dates.
- Gallery talks: various topics, first Thursday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Museum Store: fine selection of unusual gift items. Main level. Open during gallery hours except Thursday to 8 p.m.
- Fearing Art and Reference Library: open 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Tuesday through Friday. Lower level. Call ext. 351.
- Special tours for the hearing- or sight-impaired. Call ext. 334.
- Group tours and group rates for 10 or more. Call ext. 334.
- Ridley-Tree Education Center at McCormick House, 1600 Santa Barbara Street. Gallery hours Monday-Friday, 1 - 5 p.m. Call 962-1661.
- Films, lectures, and performances take place in the Mary Craig Auditorium. Lower level. Call ext. 336.
- Art in Full Bloom, an art-inspired floral extravaganza; Art, Soul & Rock 'n Roll, a full-filled evening of live music; Culinary Masterpieces, cuisine by celebrity chefs. Call ext. 327 for this year's dates.
- Gallery Sundays, bi-monthly first Sunday of the month, and periodic free Family Days featuring entertainment and art activities.
Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday evening to 9 p.m.; Sunday, Noon to 5 p.m. Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's days, and one December Sunday for Member's Holiday Party.
Admission & Directions:
AAM-CD 11/94 X 307
Check with us at a later date.
Key Personnel: Paul N. Perrot, C.E.O.
Tell us what you think.
Do you have any additional
comments concerning this site?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.