Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Science Place/Southwest Museum of Science & Technology, The
1318 2nd Ave. in Fair Park
Statement of Purpose
Our mission is to dymystify science, make it accessible and understandable to adults and children, promote the public understanding of science, and to educate and entertain using "hands-on" or participatory techniques.
Highlights & Collections
TI Founders IMAX Theater opened in June, 1996; Dallas' only public planetarium
Permanent exhibits include KidsPlace, Hands On Physics, The Cecil and Ida Green Medical and Health Science Exhibit, ImagiNature, and Dinosaur Gallery.
Plus, we offer four Special Exhibit areas featuring touring exhibits from other Science Centers and special temporary exhibits.
Exhibits & Special Events
Over 350 permanent hands-on modules and the best in national traveling exhibits.
- Open 365 days a year.
- Sunday-Thursday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm;
- Friday & Saturday 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
- IMAX, Planetarium, and Program schedules vary.
- Call The Science Place for more information.
Admission & Directions
TI Founders IMAX Theater:
- $6 adult,
- $3 child & senior
- $6 adult,
- $5 child & senior
Same day combo prices available
- $3 per person (adult or child)
The Science Place is located near downtown Dallas off Interstate 30 in historic Fair Park.
William "Mac" Sudduth,
- Elizabeth Bleiberg, Executive Vice-President
- Jeff Courtman, Vice-President, Exhibits
- Jack McKinney, Vice-President, Programs & Education
- Brenda Ross, Vice-President, Planning & Development
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any
request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.