Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Marion County Historical Museum
260 12th Street SE
Statement of Purpose
To collect and preserve Marion County history, and to educate residents and visitors about the importance of history to the community today, with an eye towards building a better future.
Highlights & Collections
From historic typewriters to a unique Indian canoe, the Marion County Historical Society museums invites people curious about history and its effects on us. Main exhiibits deal with Kalapuya Indian culture and how the typewriter changes businesses and schools. Other exhibits feature late 19th century life, education, A.C. Gilbert, and heritage trees. Also a research library and archives.
Exhibits & Special Events
Kalapuyans in Willamette Valley. Pioneer life. Changing special exhibits.
"The Office Revolution" exhibit
"A Second Look at Chemawa Indian School"
- Until December 31, 1998.
- How the typewriter changed business, government and education in Marion County.
"Wallace House: A Lost Historical Site"
- Talk by Sue Ann Reddick
- 7:30 p.m., Feb. 2, Card Room, Mission Mill building, 1313 Mill St. SE, Salem.
"Oregon's Environment: A Legacy of our History"
- Talk by Don Ujohn
- 7:30 p.m., March 2, Card Room, Mission Mill Building, 1313 Mill St. SE, Salem.
"Rejoice In The City: Church Architecture in Salem"
- Talk by Bill Robbins
- 7:30 p.m., April 6, Card Room, Mission Mill Building, 1313 Mill St. SE, Salem.
- A joint lecture and tour sponsored by the Marion County Historical Society and the Friends of Historic Deepwood. Dates will be May 8-9 or May 15-16. Contact the museum for details.
10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
Admission & Directions
- Adults $2;
- seniors and students $1.
Park in Mission Mill parking lot at 1313 Mill St. SE and walk to museum building on northwest corner of Mission Mill Village grounds, or turn south onto 13th Street from State Street, travel until street ends, and turn right. The museum is at the end of the alley.
Kyle R. Jansson, Executive Director
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any
request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.