Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Hancock Shaker Village
Route 20 - Albany Road
Phone: 413-443-0188 (800) 237-5747
Statement of Purpose
PROGRESSIVE FARMERS, accomplished artisans, and innovators in many areas, Shaker practices and products were admired by the "world's people."
Their vegetable seeds, medicinal herbs, chairs, woodenware, brooms, baskets and other goods brought the Shakers recognition and prosperity.
Today our farmers and gardeners, weavers, basketmakers, cabinetmakers and other artisans use Shaker methods to bring history alive.
Highlights & Collections
For information on lodging, contact the Berkshire Visitors' Bureau at (800) 237-5747 or (413) 443-9186.
Exhibits & Special Events
- HANCOCK SHAKER VILLAGE HOURS:
- Spring-April 1 to Memorial Day Weekend 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. daily.
- Summer/Fall-Memorial Day Weekend through the third week in October, 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily
- Late Fall-Third week in October through November 30, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. daily. Closed Thanksgiving.
- Winter-The Village is also open for Winter Week in mid-February. Winter tours may be arranged by appointment at other times by calling the Village office.
The Village offers a four-season program of special activities and events. Call or write for a calendar. Museum shop, seasonal cafe and picnic area.
Admission & Directions:
Hancock Shaker Village is located in western Massachusetts in the heart of the Berkshires. It is at the junction of Routes 20 and 41 west of Pittsfield. Convenient to the Massachusetts Turnpike, Taconic State Parkway and New York Thruway, it is a one-hour drive from Albany and a three-hour drive from New York or Boston.
The Village is located near Tanglewood, the Norman Rockwell Museum, Clark Art Institute and many other major cultural attractions.
Check with us at a later date.
Tell us what you think.
Do you have any additional
comments concerning this site?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.