Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Pratt Museum - Homer Society of Natural History
3779 Bartlett Street
Phone: (907) 235-8635 - Tty: -
Statement of Purpose
The Pratt Museum is dedicated to the process of education by exploring and preserving the natural environment and human experience relative to the Kachemak Bay region of Alaska and its place in the world. The Museum seeks to inspire self-reflection and dialogue in its community and visitors through exhibitions, programs and collections in the arts, sciences and humanities.
Highlights & Collections
- Marine Gallery featuring tide pool tank and aquaria and a remote video link to Gull Island, eight miles out Kachemak Bay.
- Harrington Historic Homestead Cabin.
- Forest Ecology Trail behind the Museum.
- Sperm Whale Project exhibition and skeleton.
- Bering Sea Beaked Whale skeleton.
- Botanical Garden.
- Fishing model boats.
- Various art exhibitions.
- Internationally known exhibition Darkened Waters:
- Profile of an Oil Spill recounting the story of the Exxon Valdez oil spill of 1989.
- Museum Store.
History, ethnography, archaeology, art, birds, mammals, geology, paleontology, botanc\y, marine life.
Exhibits & Special Events
- Native Cultures
- Botanical Garden
- Harrington Historic Homestead Cabin
- January - Museum closed
- February 2 - April 4 - 100 years of Oil Exploration (in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill)
- April 9 - May 16 - Earth, Fire and Fiber (biennial juried exhibition of select Alaskan artists)
- January - closed
- February - mid-May Tuesday - Sunday 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm
- Mid-May - mid-September - Daily 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Mid-September - December - Sunday 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm
- Museum Store shoppers admitted free. Museum Store hours are same as Museum hours. Featuring Alaskan-made Native crafts, jewelry, local jams, jellies and teas; large childrens' section; adult gifts, books, videos and much more!
Admission & Directions:
- Museum members - free
- Adults $4
- Seniors (over 65) $3
- Children (13-18) $2
- Children (6-13) $1
- Children under 6 Free
- Prearranged group rate $3
The Pratt Museum is located just off Pioneer Avenue on Bartlett Street, in downtown Homer.
Michael C. Hawfield, Director
- Elizabeth A. Webb, Curator of Collections
- Carol Harding, Drector of Exhibitions
- Gail Parsons, Director of Education
- Julia Clymer, Visitor Services/Store Manager
- Rich Kleinleder, Building Manager
- Tamara Fletcher, Business Manager
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.